Donna Summer I Feel Love Original 8 minute 12" version 1977

  
726,285 views
Published on May 29, 2013
Dear Daft Punk - This is how you create layers

    COMMENTS • 561

    Funeral 
    Groundbreaking record. Countless electronic music artists owe their careers to this amazing era of music
    J Doe 
    i tell that story to a lot of people...
    carl aiello 
    That's a little over the top
    Daniel Saldívar 
    That description though...
    TacoSteven 
    Giorgio taught them himself. He's got a track on Random Access Memories.
    Joshua Conrad 
    Yeah, I wonder if anyone's told the poster of this video that Giorgio Moroder collaborated with Daft Punk on...you guessed it...the song "Giorgio by Moroder".
    Fried Chili Cheese Dogs 
    I found the vinyl for her greatest hits 1&2 today at a thrift store.I paid 25 cents for it. Best quarter ever spent.
    Opomax 
    Lucky bro
    Wanna Bee 
    I came to the U.S. in 1977, my step sister played this song for me my first night in America. They still call me Disco Donny.
    larry Proctor 
    Wanna Bee
    Danielle Pluzsik 
    Skywalker
    Nikita Kade 
    Like other posters, I was amazed when I found out what year this came out. It's not just a great song; it's also so very ahead of its time. There are hints of all sorts of things to come here.  Truly groundbreaking stuff, especially when combined with Summer's unmistakeable vocals...RIP, Donna.
    PANCAKES PANCAKES 
    +Cristina Quinteiro Thats deep. I'm confused by "the writing the protection and presentation" part, can you please explain?
    Christopher Birch 
    +PANCAKES PANCAKES protection = production???
    Christina Calzacorta 
    good grief.......... i... feel like ive...just had.....SEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sergio Cabezuela 
    YESSSSSSS!!!!!
    danceandshakeyour 
    +Christina Calzacorta If you play Love To Love you Baby by Donner Summer you would have.
    chuck scoggins 
    proof that not all disco music sucked....
    funkdakarma 
    +chuck scoggins C'mon man....even the weaker disco tunes of that time were and are better than the shit they call EDM nowadays.....
    chuck scoggins 
    how true....
    Mark Dumas 
    Dear Daft Punk - this is how you create layers

    HAHAHA
    Patrick Hempe 
    ISN THAT PRODUCER DEAD BY NOW?
    Patrick Hempe 
    Sorry for the caps lock.
    Ajit Vikram Bhargava 
    girorgio moroder-living legend!!
    Jose Lino 
    +Folatt's Channel bring your mother she's a bitch, I'll train her balls deep LMAO
    Lovequeen 
    Jose Lino Bring your broke ass daddy here bitch, I'll give him a break from your whore mom.
    Crazcompart 
    This song was one of the milestones in sequencing electronic instruments in a continuous ever-changing phases... You wouldn't have the modern genre, such as Industrial, without what was pioneered here...
    iflyTony 
    For those of you who are "surprised" that is was 1977, let me clue you in, in the 70's the US was behind on pretty much most music.  If you were dancing in the clubs of Amsterdam, Paris, London, and Brussels...you were already well familiar with this sound in Europe.
    iflyTony 
    +DR. HOUSE M.D.  Totally pleaded the 5th on this one.
    Chris Prével 
    Hi Tony, I'm French and I was a teenager in 1977...I confirm that we danced on Donna Summer's music and especially this one and I can say it was groundbreaking and greatly appreciated....and unforgettable...The proof, I'm listening to it 40 years later even with always as much fun !!! Greetings from France, music is timeless and has no borders...
    Zalpater 
    15 years ahead of its time. Utterly groundbreaking. It must have sounded incredible almost 40 years ago.
    unabonger777 
    You do know Kraftwerk already had several albums before this?
    tremontarama 
    Yes, I know now. Back then I didn't. And I'll admit to not hearing them until about 1980. I certainly didn't go out enough to hear them in a disco back then. You make a a good point. I love kraftwerk. I was just sharing a real experience that I had so long ago.
    thevoid99 
    this is where pretty much, electronic dance music really began and yet, all of today's edm music hasn't even cracked the surface of what makes the song so timeless.
    KoolHandJuke 
    way ahead of its* time

    OCD correcroon. lol
    Danielle Pluzsik 
    how could you fucking hate disco?
    Danny Lopez 
    This song made me feel like I was on ecstasy.
    Francesco Cappello 
    Danny, please use the present tense :-) ... This song ALWAYS makes me me HIGH.. high as a kite!! This is Pop DNA!
    Ellie Davison 
    Never done drugs in my life. Music gets me high. This is climbing high yeah baby yeah. x
    dalibully 
    Thank you Giorgio Moroder for your undisputable works!!
    Shark Record Films 
    Moroder? But this is Donna
    GoodmorningCaptain 
    The producer and songwriter.
    J.R. Crews 
    This song was ahead of it's time. Actually I think most 80s songs was inspired from this single one here.
    Hard Boiled Entertainment 
    Amy Adams and Bradley Cooper dancing in "American Hustle"!
    rss313 
    she has another song that is 10 min and really trippy can anyone help me find it?
    Aurelio Quinonez 
    Could it be Mac Arthur Park?...or Sunset People?
    Aurelio Quinonez 
    Mc Arthur Park is the only longest song she recorded besides Sunset People and I feel love.
    Brooks Russell 
    "Dear Daft Punk?" I'm pretty sure they know already. They even did a song with Giorgio himself.
    Justin Wisner 
    both rule tbh, but donna summer (and giorgio) are the BEST